Thursday, June 2, 2011

The first day of Optimization

I am proud to say that on the first day of Me messing with VFPU, I successfully Increased the general framerate of the game by 3 and Reduced CPU usage of things like decals and particles!

There is still MUCH more to do to increase the framerate, but thats making Revamps engine much better to mod in general. But 3 frames man! That is just amazing so far.

I have a testing spot in Bloodvally where I test. I started at 52 and now I am at 55. No Quality downgrades or anything. The math is just being changed to use ASM rather than hard code.

Very good news I must say. I would also like to Thank Salvy from DX64 Because he has Helped me IMMENSLY. He has pointed me in the direction and answered all my questions and more. I have also found looking at DX64 code. Wanna know something amazing? Revamped Uses Daedalusx64 Code in parts of the engine! A nintendo 64 emulator's code is found in Revamps engine ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment